We are always happy to support you in making positive changes to improve your health. However, there are many ways you can keep yourself healthy. Even small changes can make a big difference.
Follow the links to the NHS website for further advice, ideas and support on keeping healthy.
- Not smoking or getting help to stop
- Drink no more than 14 units of alcohol per week. Try to have several alcohol-free days each week.
- Take regular exercise. Aim to be physically active everyday.
- Eat a healthy diet and try to maintain a healthy weight.
- See your dentist regularly
- Follow your doctor’s advice when taking any prescribed medicines
- Keep any appointments at the surgery or at the hospital.
Many patients will see a doctor or nurse regularly but others will not. Patients over 75 years who have not seen a doctor or nurse at all within the last 12 months, or patients between 17 and 75 years who have not seen a doctor or nurse at all within the last three years are encouraged to request a consultation for a review of their health.